MLB.com’s T.R. Sullivan published his top ten Rangers moments of 2019.
Here they are:
1. Michael Young’s number retirement.
2. Rangers have three walk-off wins in a row, all against the Angels.
3. Joey Gallo becomes the fastest player in American League history to hit 100 home runs.
4. Rougned Odor steal home against Oakland.
5. Adrian Beltre’s number retirement.
6. Nomar Mazara hit the longest home run ever at the Ballpark, 505 feet.
7. Texas has its second come-from-behind win in a row against the Cubs to open the season.
8. Isiah Kiner-Falefa hits an infield single to win a game against the Angels in which they trailed 7-1 after three innings.
9. Danny Santana hits a walk-off single to beat the Astros in a July 12 game to put the Rangers eight games over .500. They lost the next eight games, and twelve of the next fifteen to put an unofficial end to their season.
10. Texas wins two of three against the Cardinals, winning Game 3 of the series with two runs in the bottom of the tenth, one off an RBI single from Willie Calhoun, the other off a game-winning sacrifice fly from Nomar Mazara.
This top-ten list isn’t that awe inspiring. But, neither was the season.